We are no longer accepting application as we are in the processes of filling the role.
CityStudio is growing again! We are seeking a highly collaborative, service-oriented and adaptable Projects Coordinator with outstanding past experience in relationship building to join the team.
The Projects Coordinator is focused on developing, guiding, executing, evaluating, and improving our campus and studio course collaborations. This person is a natural facilitator who is responsible for coordinating 30-35 course collaborations per year between the City of Vancouver (COV) and partner schools – including students and faculty from SFU, UBC, Emily Carr, BCIT, Langara and VCC The Projects Coordinator also shares responsibility in event management, impact evaluation, and communications.
- You will work under the direction of the Senior Projects Coordinator to deliver and expand programs with our civic and academic partners.
- You will be responsible for facilitating and delivering 30-35 course collaborations per year.
- You will build and maintain relationships with our partners by supporting their needs while meeting outcome requirements.
- You are able to speak the “languages” of academia, municipal government and social innovation.
- You have a deep understanding of experiential learning at the postsecondary level.
- In past jobs, you have demonstrated reliability, excellence in facilitation and communications, organization, project coordination and relationship building.
Full-time, 1-year position (with the possibility of extension) with standard 3 month probationary period.
Download as PDF
Senior Projects Coordinator
CityStudio Vancouver, 1800 Spyglass Place
HOURS: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday
$45,000 – $55,000 per annum based on experience, plus benefits after probationary period.
No later than December 2
CityStudio Vancouver is an innovation hub that brings together city staff, students, faculty and community to design experimental projects that make Vancouver more sustainable, liveable, inclusive and joyful. Since 2011, CityStudio has engaged 5,611 students, 318 faculty and 250 City of Vancouver staff, contributing 782 projects and over 154,000 hours of skills training and public sector innovation towards Vancouver’s Greenest City, Engaged City and Healthy City Strategies.
In 2013, CityStudio was the first Canadian recipient of the Ashoka U‐Cordes Innovation Award and was recognized nationally as one of the Tides Canada Top 10 for a groundbreaking initiative leading social change and innovation in Canada. Most recently, CityStudio was awarded the Inspired Educator Award by the Canada Green Building Council.
With the strategic aims of robust local programming and partnerships; sharing of the Vancouver model towards a movement that grows around the world; and defining our role in the network of global actors, our 100-year vision creates engaged and energized cities worldwide where city builders, planners, faculty and students are actively engaged in co-creation.
To date, eleven other cities have adopted the CityStudio model of city-campus collaboration, including Abbotsford, BC; Victoria, BC; North Vancouver, BC; Brantford, ON; Waterloo, ON; London, ON; Montreal, QC; Corner Brook, NL; Logan, Australia; Bendigo, Australia; and Oslo, Norway.
THE TOP REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 years experience project coordination, facilitation or management role in academic, civic, or non-profit environments
- Masters degree or equivalent
- Experience with community-based experiential learning
- Proven warm and service-oriented relationship builder
- Reliable to deliver on timelines and outcomes with commitment to process
Read the full list of desirable traits in the Job Description attached.
Submit your CV and cover letter with salary expectations to: hr[at]citystudiovancouver[dot]com.
Please also provide with your application a pdf with publicly available documentation, created by you in previous positions about a project, program or initiative you coordinated; we are not requesting new or confidential materials to submit with your application. Include your full name along with the job title “Projects Coordinator” in the subject heading of your email.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Thursday, October 24, 2019 @ midnight
A group interview will take place at 11am, Tuesday November 5th, 2019.
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CityStudio Vancouver is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce which strengthens our ability to achieve our mission through inclusion. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply. We will make accommodations if needed for candidates that we interview.