Stay tuned for future opportunities!
CityStudio Vancouver is seeking a Sales Strategist with outstanding past experience to join our team! This is a key moment of growth for us as we prepare to enter our second decade as a leading network of Canadian municipalities working in collaboration with their post secondary schools.
The Sales Strategist will grow our CityStudio Network membership from 13 to 28 (or more) cities in the next two years across Canada, with opportunities to grow internationally. This is a unique career-building opportunity for a sales expert to make a real impact in the education and civic sectors, specifically where CityStudio’s experience with youth, city staff, collaboration and experimentation establish us as the model of choice for cities and schools to work together for civic benefit.
As the Sales Strategist, you will work with our small and growing CityStudio team to develop the sales strategy and the systems for confirming existing and new prospects. You will have three or more years relevant sales experience in a mid-level role in the higher education, social innovation, social enterprise, community-building, civic and/or non-profit sectors. You will also have demonstrable experience developing and implementing successful sales outcomes.
In addition to the above, you also have:
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience in mid-level role with a proven record of sales excellence, ideally in higher education, social innovation, social enterprise, community-building, civic and/or non-profit sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or other related discipline, or equivalent
- Experience creating new business opportunities through meaningful relationship building
- A demonstrated understanding of market and audiences; developing, maintaining and communicating lead research and generation; and pipeline organization
- A proven record of achieving monthly/quarterly/annual target metrics, with measurable results
- Experience with a high-touch personalized sales system that is complemented by automation and digital sales processes and tools
- Experience conducting one-on-one and group sales presentations, inspiring audience with storytelling
- An authentic professional curiosity for city building, higher education, and team collaboration
- The ability to speak French (an asset, not a requirement)
Please read the full Job Description below.
Full time, 1-year position, with standard 3 month probationary period, and a possibility of extension.
Remote / CityStudio Vancouver, 1800 Spyglass Place
37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday
$62,000 – $70,000 per annum based on experience, plus benefits, after the probationary period.
As soon as possible.
Started in Vancouver, CityStudio is an innovation hub that brings together city staff, students, faculty and community to design experimental projects that make cities more sustainable, liveable, inclusive and joyful.
We are a social franchise that licenses cities with a subscription product that includes access to our trademark, training and network membership through a shared platform. The membership platform includes training and webinars, shared materials, templates, a project archive, messaging and scheduling, as well as both public facing and members-only access.
With the strategic aims of 1) robust local programming and partnerships, 2) sharing of the CityStudio model towards a movement that grows around the world; and 3) defining our role in the network of global actors, our 100-year vision creates engaged and energized cities worldwide where city builders, planners, faculty and students are actively engaged in the co-creation of our cities.
To date, thirteen other cities besides Vancouver have adopted the CityStudio model of city-campus collaboration, including Abbotsford, BC; Victoria, BC; North Vancouver, BC; Brantford, ON; Waterloo, ON; London, ON; Durham, ON; Montreal, QC; Corner Brook, NL; Logan, Australia; Bendigo, Australia; and Oslo, Norway.
Submit your CV and cover letter with salary expectations to: hr[at]citystudiovancouver[dot]com.
Please also provide your application with a pdf with publicly available samples or documentation created in previous positions of your sales background; we are not requesting new or confidential materials to submit with your application. Include your full name along with the job title “CityStudio Sales Strategist” in the subject heading of your email.
There will be a group interview for selected candidates October 15th 2020, 11 am to 12:30 pm. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CityStudio Vancouver is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce which strengthens our ability to achieve our mission through inclusion. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply. We will make accommodations if needed.