Launch a CityStudio
CityStudio brings innovation, engagement and experimentation to City Hall by uniting city staff with post-secondary students, faculty and community.
We are an award-winning, transferable partnership model for civic innovation and experimentation that expands the problem solving capacity of city staff by drawing on the expertise of the post-secondary sector. In this way CityStudio helps cities distribute challenges to a wide pool of problem solvers and experts. The framework provides:
- Support for city strategies and city staff work plans
- Innovation opportunities inside City Hall
- Increased citizen engagement and inclusivity
- Opportunities for new civic partnerships
- Support for economic development
- Increased student engagement in learning
- Skilled graduate retention in cities
How to start a CityStudio
The CityStudio model can be licensed by cities around the world. There are currently 10 CityStudios across Canada and Australia, with others in development. A license provides everything cities need to build, launch and operate a CityStudio, including valuable tools, resources and hands-on support from the Vancouver team as well as other cities in the CityStudio Network.
Ready to learn more? Explore our licensing steps.