Program Coordinator, CityStudio Vancouver.
CityStudio Vancouver is seeking a highly collaborative, service-oriented and adaptable relationship builder to join the team as Program Coordinator.
CityStudio Vancouver is an innovation hub that brings together City staff with post-secondary students and faculty to co-create a more sustainable, liveable, joyful, and equitable Vancouver. The Program Coordinator is who can enact this vision. A natural and attentive facilitator, you will be responsible for matching and coordinating 30-35 course collaborations per year between the City of Vancouver and our partner schools, including SFU, UBC, BCIT and Langara College. You will work closely with the other Program Coordinator to develop, guide, execute, evaluate, and improve our entire suite of co-creative collaborations ranging from short-term engagements to semester-long and multi-year research projects. You will also share responsibility for event management, impact evaluation, and communications.
You will bring to the team:
- Minimum 3 years experience in program coordination or management role ideally in academic or civic environments.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field; graduate degree preferred.
- Proven ability to create, facilitate and maintain relationships for collaboration with multiple stakeholders in academic and/or municipal government environments.
- Attentive to partner needs in order to creatively envision and connect new project ideas.
- Experience with community-based experiential learning or collaborative research at the university or college level.
- Adaptability and willingness to jump into getting things done as needed.
- Ability to confidently take direction, explore options, and make recommendations.
- Energetic, trustworthy and kind.
- Self-set high standards in planning, organization, delivery, commitment to process and communication skills.
- Equal parts confident, curious and collaborative.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Here.
POSITION: Full-time, 1-year position, with standard 3 month probationary period and a possibility of extension.
REPORTS TO: CityStudio Vancouver Program Director
LOCATION: At CityStudio Vancouver, 1800 Spyglass Place; Vancouver, BC CANADA, with some work-from-home flexibility.
HOURS: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday
COMPENSATION: $48,000 – $58,000 per annum based on experience, plus benefits after the probationary period.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Submit your CV and cover letter with salary expectations to: hr[at]citystudiovancouver[dot]com.
Please also include a pdf with publicly available samples or documentation about a project, program or initiative you coordinated; we are not requesting new or confidential materials to submit with your application.
Include your full name along with the job title “Program Coordinator” in the subject heading of your email.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, July 25, 2021.
We will hold initial (remote) interviews for selected candidates on July 29, 2021.
Short-listed applicants will be contacted for in-depth (in-person) interviews the week of August 9-13.
CityStudio Vancouver is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce which strengthens our ability to achieve our mission through inclusion. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply. Do not hesitate to let us know if you require accommodations.
CityStudio Vancouver Society is a registered charitable organization led by a board of directors. CityStudio Vancouver Program is an innovation hub that brings together City staff, with post-secondary students and faculty to co-create experimental projects that make Vancouver more sustainable, liveable, inclusive and joyful. Since 2011, CityStudio has engaged 8,098 students, 437 faculty and 381 City of Vancouver staff, contributing 1,619 projects and over 200,000 hours of skills training and public sector innovation towards the City of Vancouver’s strategic priorities.
For more information, please visit www.citystudiovancouver.com