CityStudio Vancouver is seeking a highly professional, service-oriented Communications and Engagement Coordinator with a proven track record to join the team!
You are very organized, energetic, self-directed and share our vision of collaborative city building. You are also driven to work with our team, students and partners to tell our story of collaboration, engagement and innovation through communications, public relations and events. You will have a proven record of excellence in writing, relationship building, media relations, and digital strategy and activation.
Full time, permanent position with standard 3 month probationary period.
Download as a PDF
CityStudio Vancouver, 1800 Spyglass Place
HOURS: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday
$43,000 – $48,000 per annum based on experience, plus benefits after probationary period.
CityStudio Vancouver is an innovation hub that brings together city staff, students, faculty and community to design experimental projects that make Vancouver more sustainable, liveable, inclusive and joyful. Since 2011, CityStudio has engaged 5,611 students, 318 faculty and 250 City of Vancouver staff, contributing 782 projects and over 154,000 hours of skills training and public sector innovation towards Vancouver’s Greenest City, Engaged City and Healthy City Strategies.
In 2013, CityStudio was the first Canadian recipient of the Ashoka U‐Cordes Innovation Award and was recognized nationally as one of the Tides Canada Top 10 for a groundbreaking initiative leading social change and innovation in Canada. Most recently, CityStudio was awarded the Inspired Educator Award by the Canada Green Building Council.
With the strategic aims of robust local programming and partnerships; sharing of the Vancouver model towards a movement that grows around the world; and defining our role in the network of global actors, our 100 year vision creates engaged and energized cities worldwide where our city builders, planners, citizens and students are actively engaged in co-creation.
To date, ten other cities have adopted the CityStudio model of city-campus collaboration, including Abbotsford, BC; Victoria, BC; North Vancouver, BC; Brantford, ON; Waterloo, ON; London, ON; Montreal, QC; Corner Brook, NL; Logan, Australia; and Bendigo, Australia.
WHO & WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A highly professional, service-oriented communications and engagement coordinator with a proven record
- Someone with self-set high standards that holds the organization and team members accountable to best practices in the communications and engagement fields
- The ability to deliver outcomes and storytelling
- Excellence in writing, editing, synthesizing and summarizing
- Authentic professional curiosity for city building, higher education, and collaboration
- Comfortable at working and thinking across the different areas of CityStudio
- Proven experience with tools and practices in media, design and website management including Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp and WordPress
- High comfort in initiating, building and maintaining effective relationships with large institutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or other related discipline, or equivalent
- Experience in event planning, logistics and delivery
- Experience in report writing and presentation preparation
- Comfortable working in a creative, experimental environment
- Self-set high standards in time management, organization and communication skills
- Ability to confidently research options, make recommendations and take direction
- Energetic, confident, trustworthy and kind
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Proven warm and open relationship builder
- Seeker and supporter of new ideas
- Calm under pressure
- Self-awareness is a practice
- Equal parts confidence, curiosity and collaboration
- We look forward to working with people who don’t hesitate to jump into getting things done as needed
Submit your CV and cover letter with salary expectations to: hr[at]citystudiovancouver[dot]com
Please also supply the following with your application:
- Sample social media posts for three (3) of our active platforms, and
- Three (3) professional writing samples from your experience (paid or volunteer). This could include newsletters, blog posts, media releases or web pages. We are not requesting that you write new materials to submit with your application. Please combine all three documents into one PDF.
Include your full name along with the job title “Communications and Engagement Coordinator” in the subject heading of your email.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Midnight, July 28th 2019
A group interview will take place Thursday August 1st, 2019.
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CityStudio Vancouver is committed to employment equity and believes that a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve strengthens our ability to achieve our mission. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply.