Job Opportunity: Communication and Engagement Coordinator
Communication and Engagement Coordinator, Vancouver Program & Society
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until a suitable candidate is in place.
CityStudio is seeking a highly professional, service-oriented Communication and Engagement Coordinator with a proven record.
Working closely with the CityStudio Vancouver team, the Communication and Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the successful planning and implementation of communications, public relations and event management of both CityStudio Vancouver Society, a charitable not-for-profit organization, and of our local program CityStudio Vancouver. This includes compelling and relevant printed and digital communications, social media, website management, public engagement, and event planning, as well as some project management and administrative organizational support.
What you bring to the team:
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, English, journalism, public relations, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in communications, public relations and event planning, ideally in the municipal, post-secondary education, social innovation, community-building, or non-profit sectors.
- High competence in the best practices in communications and engagement fields.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding copywriting skills with clear, concise and engaging messaging.
- Experience in event planning, logistics and delivery with collaboration.
- Service-oriented towards the Society, the Program and the team.
- Self-set high professional standards.
- A compelling, natural storyteller.
- Energetic, trustworthy and kind.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Equal parts confident, curious and collaborative.
Please check the full Job Description.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Here
POSITION: Full time, permanent position, with standard 3 month probationary period.
REPORTS TO: CityStudio Vancouver Program Director
LOCATION: Remote / CityStudio Vancouver, 1800 Spyglass Place; Vancouver, BC CANADA
HOURS: 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday
COMPENSATION: $48,000 – $58,000 per annum based on experience, plus benefits after the probationary period.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
Submit your application through the recruiter website here.
You will be asked also to provide in your application a pdf with publicly available samples created by you in previous positions that demonstrates your experience in communications; we are not requesting new or confidential materials.
We will keep the role open until the right candidate has been selected, and encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
CityStudio Vancouver is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce which strengthens our ability to achieve our mission through inclusion. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply. We will make accommodations if needed.
CityStudio Vancouver Society is a registered charitable organization led by a board of directors. CityStudio Vancouver Program is an innovation hub that brings together City staff, with post-secondary students and faculty to co-create experimental projects that make Vancouver more sustainable, liveable, inclusive and joyful. Since 2011, CityStudio has engaged 7,452 students, 397 faculty and 335 City of Vancouver staff, contributing 1,349 projects and over 188,000 hours of skills training and public sector innovation towards the City of Vancouver’s strategic priorities.
For more information, please visit www.citystudiovancouver.com