CityStudio COVID-19 Response
Dear CityStudio Partners, Network Members and Friends.
As you know, we are all learning and adapting to the severity of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Our number one priority is to support the missions of the City of Vancouver, the city’s 6 public post secondaries and the CityStudio Network members in their city-building activities. As a start, moving forward we are taking the following steps with updates to come:
- Cancelling our April 9th HUBBUB project showcase;
- Designing a virtual alternative to share our 40+ projects currently underway between City staff, students and faculty on 4 Vancouver campuses;
- Cancelling our in-person events and workshops;
- Undertaking proactive measures to support CityStudio staff in the transition to remote working;
- Providing our studio space to the City of Vancouver’s DTES COVID-19 task force.
In the near term
- Designing an online process to continue project development with City of Vancouver staff;
- Convening a meeting with our 12 CityStudios in Canada, Australia and Norway to share our experiences and learning in this work.
This is a very difficult time, but we will be drawing heavily on our theory-of-change playbook, building even deeper relationships and creating new projects to support our city and communities through these changing times.
In the coming days and weeks we’ll be reaching out to each of our key stakeholders to discuss the right path forward.
For current provincial health information and news, please visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/, and for the City of Vancouver’s Emergency response, please visit: vancouver.ca/covid19
Best to all,
Duane on behalf of the CityStudio team